HOW TO INSTALL (SAPL-A, B,C, D1, D2, D3, D4, T Series)
- Wipe inner surface of shaft and hub to remove dust and oil.
- Wipe inner and outer surface of A.P. Lock.
- Spread anti-wear hydraulic oil or grease on to inner surface of shaft and hub.
(Any oil type which includes molybdenum-sulfur compounds or silicone is prohibited.)
- Unfasten all screws and spread hydraulic oil #68 onto A.P. Lock body and taper-ring surface.
(Make sure oil is not in use under vacuum environment. In this case, clamping force may be subject to change from catalog values.)
- Interlock an A.P. Lock with shaft temporarily and insert it into the hub.
- Make sure the corner of hub becomes properly attached to A.P. Lock’s flange part.
- Determine the relative location of shaft and hub.
- Make sure there is bigger than 1mm of clearance between shaft-end and hub. (Otherwise, there will be problem in disassembling and it may result in shape distortion.)
- In case A.P. Lock doesn’t go into hub smoothly, try to loosen fastening screws or tapping them into hub slightly. (Make sure the force is not too strong.)
- Fasten the screws with appropriate fastening torque in sequential order as shown on the below figure.
- Fasten the screws with identical torque ⅛ of fastening torque) using torque wrench.
- Make sure you fasten the screws in sequential order as shown on the above figure.
- Make sure A.P. Lock’s flange part becomes properly attached to hub.
- Repeat fastening the screws with ¼ of fastening torque. (in diagonal order)
- Repeat fastening the screws with ½ of fastening torque. (in diagonal order)
- Finally repeat fastening the screws with full fastening torque until screws don’t rotate any longer.