HOW TO INSTALL (SAPC, SAPA)
- Wipe inner surface of shaft and hub to remove dust and oil.
- A.P. Lock which is made of aluminum alloy does not require any anti-wear hydraulic oil.
- Interlock an A.P. Lock with shaft temporarily and insert it into the hub.
- Make sure the corner of hub becomes properly attached to A.P. Lock’s flange part.
- Determine the relative location of shaft and hub using measurement tool e.g. Vernier calipers etc.
- In case A.P. Lock doesn’t go into hub smoothly, try to loosen fastening screws or tapping them into hub slightly. (Make sure the force is not too strong.)
- Fasten the screws with appropriate fastening torque in sequential order as shown on the below figure.
- Fasten the screws with identical torque ¼ of fastening torque) using torque wrench.
- Make sure you fasten the screws in sequential order as shown on the above figure.
- Make sure A.P. Lock’s flange part becomes properly attached to hub.
- Repeat fastening the screws with ½ of fastening torque. (in diagonal order)
- Finally repeat fastening the screws with full fastening torque until screws don’t rotate any longer.
HOW TO DISASSEMBLE
- Remove external load (torque/thrust) on the shaft and hub.
- Remove self-load of e.g. chain, belt etc.
- Unfasten all screws in the same order that they were fastened.
- In case A.P. Lock is not detached properly, try to disassemble using the tapped-hole for disassembly on A.P. Lock body.
- A.P. Lock can be used repeatedly.
- In case surface pressure is stronger than yield stress of shaft or hub, it may result in shape distortion of shaft of hub as well as A.P. Lock.
- Temperature range : - 30℃ ~ + 200℃
- Make sure the screws are fastened by torque wrench. (Please refer to “Dimensions / Performance” tables for fastening torques.
- A.P. Lock is vulnerable at bending moment.
- In case there is not enough lubrication with anti-wear hydraulic oil, transmittable torque would be decreased by appx. 25%.
(Please do not allow to use anti-wear hydraulic oil at vacuum area.)
- When the shaft has an additional keyway, permissible torque would be decreased by appx. 20% due to reduced contact area.