Design of Pressure Flange
In general, SAPL-R series is supposed to be used along with pressure flanges whose design varies according to user’s shaft/hub design. Please refer to the below design variables.
Location of screws (locking bolts) on the pressure flange (F)
- Case1: Pressure flange mounted on Hub
F = D + 12 + db (screw size)
- Case2: Pressure flange mounted on Shaft
F = D – 12 - db (screw size)
Thickness of pressure flange (P)
- Case1: Fastened with Grade 8.8 class screw
P = 1.3 x db (screw size)
- Case2: Fastened with Grade 12.9 class screw
P = 1.8 x db (screw size)
If more than 2pcs of SAPL-R are mounted simultaneously
- Distance(W) between pressure flange and hub/shaft has to be adjusted. Please refer to “Dimensions / Performance” pages for (W) values.
Transmissible Torque Calculation (Formula)
|Pressure on each screw (Pb [N])|
|Grade 8.8 class||Grade 10.9 class||Grade 12.9 class|
If more than 2pcs of SAPL-R are mounted simultaneously, the clamping force on shaft (permissible torque) becomes higher.
- SAPL-R/ 1pc mounted: Tc (Max. Permissible Torque)
- SAPL-R/ 2pcs mounted: Tc (Max. Permissible Torque) x 1.55
- SAPL-R/ 3pcs mounted: Tc (Max. Permissible Torque) x 1.85
- SAPL-R/ 4pcs mounted: Tc (Max. Permissible Torque) x 2.02